ICMC 2021 (July 25-31, 2021) invites submissions of papers, posters, and demos for presentation at the conference. Our conference theme this year is the virtuoso computer: redefining limits.
Instructions and Basic Information
We encourage the submission of papers on research related, but in no way limited, to the conference themes in areas such as:
- 3D Audio
- Acoustic Ecology
- Acoustics of Music
- Acoustics, Space, and Sound Distribution
- Aesthetics, Theory, History and Philosophy
- Algorithmic Composition
- Analysis of Electroacoustic Music
- AR & VR
- Archiving & Preservation of Electro-acoustic Music
- Artificial Intelligence and Music
- Computational Musicology
- Composition Systems and Techniques
- Digital Audio Signal Processing and Audio Effects
- Distributed, Telematic, and Mobile Music
- History of Electroacoustic Music
- Improvisation and Technology
- Languages for Computer Music
- Live Coding
- Mathematical Music Theory
- Music Education
- Music Information Retrieval
- New Interfaces for Musical Expression
- Notation and Scores
- Perception and Cognition
- Piece and Paper
- Software and Hardware Systems
- Sound Synthesis
- Studio Reports
- The Virtuoso Computer
- The call is open to all researchers regardless of nationality, age or career stage.
- Formats include long papers (4-6 pages), short papers (4 pages), and posters (4 pages) with optional demos.
- All works must be submitted as a PDF file online, through the Conference Management Toolkit (CMT)
- All submissions should be anonymous: please make sure that no author names are recognizable.
- The reviews are anonymous: once accepted, camera-ready papers will include of author names.
- For conference presentation and publication proceedings, at least one author or co-author must register. A presenter only needs to register once and may be presenting more than one work at the conference.
- There are no submission fees.
- Submissions must be written in English.
- Download Paper templates here.
Review and Post-review
All submissions will be subject to peer-review by independent reviewers. Following notification of acceptance, authors will be requested to submit their camera-ready PDF files.
Submission Deadline (Eastern Standard Time)
January 31, 2021
Anticipated Notification Date (Eastern Standard Time)
Before March 31, 2021
All the accepted papers, irrespective of presentation format, will be included in the Conference Proceedings. The proceedings will have an ISBN and will be distributed as an electronic Open Access publication. No printed version of the proceedings will be available.